Welcome to the PDS Management Office
This is the Web site of the Management Office for
NASA's Planetary Data System (PDS).
The Office is located at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center as
part of the Solar System Exploration Division in the Solar
System Exploration Data Services Office (SSEDSO).
The Planetary Data System is a distributed archive of data
products from NASA planetary missions. PDS actively manages
the archive to maximize its usefulness, and it has become a
basic resource for scientists around the world. PDS is
composed of eight teams, called "nodes." There are
five science nodes organized primarily by subdisciplines of
the planetary sciences. The remaining three nodes provide
systems engineering, navigation and ephemeris information,
and image processing support. [ See
"About the Nodes".]
To learn more about the PDS, its data archives, or tools,
see the pds.nasa.gov.
News and Events:
- PPI Node is hosting the next Management Council Face-to-Face on 26-27 August 2014 at UCLA.
See the meeting webpage for more information.
- The next Management Council Telecon is scheduled for Monday 08 September 2014 at 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 19:00 UTC.
- NAIF is hosting a SPICE training class
on 21-23 Oct 2014 in Columbia, Maryland.
Details and registration are available
- The last Management Council Face-to-Face for 2014 is tentatively scheduled for 19-20 November. Location is TBD.
- Presentations and minutes from the Management Council Face-to-Face
held on 10-11 April 2014 at PSI in Tucson are available on the
meeting webpage .
The AMMOS-PDS Pipeline Service presentation
is now available.
- The PDS Student Investigators Program in now recruiting for Fall 2013 – Summer 2015.
- The PDS Challenge Demo and API website is now publicly accessible.